Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Getting back in the groove


Since coming home from the Broad Street Run, I've been nursing an injury. The Dr. says its Plantar Fascitis, but now that's healed up and I have some ankle pain. I'm giving it a few more days and then I'm going to get a second opinion. 

I felt super motivated after Broad Street because it's one of the first races in awhile where I ran the whole thing without going to my run/walk combo.  But now my injury has side lined me. 

While I know that I need to train for a distance race like the Broad Street. I also know that I just need to get back on the pavement, and rekindle my love strong like of running. 

Because lets face it - I don't love running, I complain, I hurt,  I have blisters, I'm sore, I want to give up....but I keep doing it. Like the picture above states....I like dessert! And if you know me or my sister, you know that a Ben and Jerry's pint of ice cream is a serving size, and I can eat it in one sitting. 

But no more. 
I think my injury and all around sluggishness of running has come from the extra 10-15lbs I've been toting around for the last 6-9months. 
Not cool. Not cool at all. 
But I have no one to blame but myself, and probably the guys who makes the milkshakes at Sonic.

So this week marks a new change. 
Janet and I have re-joined Weight Watchers and we are going twin tag team these extra lbs!!

It's time to get serious and focus on me. 
Grad School is finally done! YIPPEE!!
School will be out in 22 days! (But who's counting)
And it will be all about getting in as much healthy food and activity as possible. 

Stay tuned for my progress...... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment