Sunday, April 14, 2013

Meadow Farm Museum at Crump Park

         So this weekend I went up to Richmond to spend time with my Dad for his Birthday and babysit my adorable little nephew so my sister and brother-in-law could go out with some friends. He's so stinkin' cute so I don't really mind.
 
         Saturday during the day, I wanted to get a run in, and Janet wanted to take the baby for a walk. Since the weather has been so nice, she's been taking Donnie on walks around some parks in their neighborhood. I was happy to tag along with them and explore this new place. We went to Crump Park - which is home to Meadow Farm Museum. After checking out the map it looked like there were a couple or trails to run on. I had no idea what kind of milage the trails were because it wasn't on the map, but I figured I really was only going to run 2, maybe 3 miles.

       I made sure to bring my phone with me incase I got so lost that I wouldn't be able to find my way bak to where Janet and Donnie were. Thankfully I was able to find them. I wound up only running about 1.5mi in the one trail I was on before coming back out to the road and spotting them. It was almost time for Donnie's lunch so I gave up on running and just enjoyed the walk with them.

         There were a few interesting sights along the way. The actual trails weren't very well marked, and I had absolutely no idea where I was going. After making a few turns I wound up at what looked like an open field more or less behind a school. This is what I saw-
I have no idea why it was there, but I thought it was photo-worthy. And maybe Janet knew why it was there. Turns out she didn't. Oh well. 

Towards the end of the trail, where the trail was a little wider and there were a few more markers, I came across a sign that said Cemetery. Ok now I'm intrigued. A cememetry in the middle of a trail? I've seen weirder things, but I like history so I was intrigued. 
I'm not going to lie. I was a little disappointed. There were no grave markers. How am I supposed to know who's buried there? Oh well. 

After I finished on the trails, I walked with Janet Donnie. There were some pretty interesting things at this farm/park. I thought this ancient wagon wheel was pretty cool. 


Overall it was a really nice afternoon.  We did some more walking, pushed Donnie in the swing for the first time - he loved it - and had a nice picnic on the large grassy area that reminded me of the DMZ at Kutztown. 

I'm looking forward to going back up to Richmond as the weather gets warmer and exploring more parks with Janet and Donnie. I think in two weekends, the Meadow Farm Museum is having a sheep to shawl event. Did I mention that there were sheep, cows, and some free roaming turkey's all over the farm? There were a lot of neat things at this park. 

Other then the racerback sunburn I'm now sporting from my running top - it was a great Saturday. Plus my date for Saturday night was pretty cute too! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment