Monday, February 24, 2014

Motivation for one of my favorite people.

So I've been MIA for a really long time.
It's a good thing I don't have any faithful readers - they'd be pretty pissed!! Even if I did, I'm pretty sure they would've given up on me.

Anyway - I've felt pretty inspired lately and felt like writing. I'm just hoping that my crazy life will give me a little more time to actually write more often.

Like I've stated before, I don't really fancy myself as a runner. I run (sometimes) and I don't think I do it well. But it's something that I've attempted to stick with for the last two years. Some months are good, some are bad.  I set goals, but don't always achieve them. Thankfully I have this amazing boyfriend who has humored me, and has run with me for the last two races that my running buddy couldn't join me. He's even taken one for the team and will run slow with me so that I wouldn't be by myself! (I'll recap all my past races soon.)

This post is some extra motivation for my running buddy.

We've both sort of fallen off the running/excercise/diet wagon. We've made a few half assed attempts to get back with it - but so far nothing has really stuck. Here's to hoping that the warmer weather will help motivate us. Plus I have convinced her (and her husband) that we need to register for the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon coming up in November. (Registration opens March 5th for anyone interested!) I'm super excited about it as I am completely in love with runDisney after last years Princess Half Marathon. (I'm planning on going to the next Princess Weekend in 2015 - as long as I can convince someone to go with me! Any takers???)

Back to the point at hand - motivation.
Since I've met my buddy at the Y two years ago, we have conquered lots of races, miles and milestones both personally and in running. I am so happy to have found her and to have her in my life. She's the motivation and encouragement I need some days. Whether we're running, dealing with family or just trying to survive the life of a teacher. We fit together like ying and yang. We are pretty opposite but manage to come together in running and life. She's a great person to have next to you at a race or training run when you just feel like giving up! (The Crawlin Crab Half we did this past October is proof of that!)

One of my favorite moments from one of our training runs this past summer was when we got out of our cars we realize we are wearing the exact same outfit!! Not planned either!! It just made me laugh! And it made our run that morning even better since we looked so good together!!


I mean honestly, the only other person I do strange stuff like this with is my sister - and we're twins so it's sooo much more acceptable!!


So while not every day, run, or race is going to be a perfect - its nice to have a buddy motivating and encouraging you along the way.

Here's to my running buddy as we head out today to get in a quick run...... (before it snows again!)


Gineff and I proudly showing off our Princess Medals in Disney World! 
We were waiting in line for the Stitch Ride. I love that little critter!! 


Gineff and I at Mile Marker 6 - Snow White My favorite Princess!! (Please note that while I say I am slow - I am not 2hrs 25mins slow to run 6mi!! (The time was for Corrall A which started and HOUR before us!!) 


One of our non running days!! Out to celebrate her daughters High School Graduation!! Way to go Meryn!!

Don't worry buddy....we'll get back there!! Operation Skinny McKinney!! 


Next up -- I'm running the Dolphin Challenge (Both the 8k and the Half) at Shamrock Marathon weekend. Have I mentioned I haven't trained at all??!! Hopefully muscle memory will kick in and I won't fall apart. I've got 17days.....eeekk!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment